EMMM™ Forum: Applications Map Workshop
Objective of Meeting
The objective of the second EMMM Forum meeting at Amsterdam was to provide background and discuss the scope of work for the Applications Map project. The Applications Map is the next component of the Exploration and Mining Reference Framework.
The meeting was held on May 14 from 14:00 and the following items were addressed:
- A brief introduction to the Exploration and Mining Reference Framework was given.
- The Forum meeting discussed the components of the Framework and the inherent meta-model used in the development of the components.
- The meeting reviewed the product description for the Applications Map and looked at a previous presentation (Sydney) which focused on the application space.
- Thre was a dicsussion about how to engage the Platinum members and mining companies operating within the industry vertical.
- A request was made for contributions to the Applications Map.
- MineRP has been very active in mapping their solution to the current draft model.
The important next step is to map the Applications Capability with the Business Capability Map which was recently approved as an Open Group Standard.
The meeting times were discussed and a decision was made to increase the number of meetings to two a month instead of only one.
- Presentation on the background of EMMM
- Draft product description
- Set up meetings with prospective application contributors.