The Open Trusted Technology Provider Standard (O-TTPS)™ Accreditation Program
The O-TTPS provides requirements, guidelines, and recommendations to enable the Commerial Off the Shelf (COTS) Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry providers and acquirers to “Build with Integrity and Buy with Confidence.”™
The O-TTPS Accreditation Program currently being developed by the OTTF will enable customers to identify secure and trusted technology providers and their products in the global supply chain.
The OTTF Development Principles for the Standard and the Accreditation Program are below.
Our mission will be accomplished by providing providers, component suppliers, distributors, integrators and consumers commercially reasonable integrity practices that are:
- Practical and effective – Practitioner based, evidence that it works in the field
- Reasonable – Achievable and implementable by a wide variety of vendors and stakeholders
- Affordable – Reasonably cost effective to implement
- Open – Based on open standards and recognized industry best practices
- Flexible – Organizational or process accreditation that is flexible enough that will allow for an organization to determine their own scope of accreditation – not intended to be an accreditation that is version specific to a product, but about the practices that are followed in the development of those products.
The O-TTPS Accreditation Program will include an initial Pilot Program for members, followed by a public launch of the Program once it has been approved. The O-TTPS Accreditation Program will be open to all providers and component suppliers, large and small, and to integrators as well.
The OTTF is currently working internationally with government and enterprise customers and large and small vendors to accelerate global adoption of the program.
Ensuring product integrity throughout the supply chain
The OTTF was formed in response to the increased sophistication and severity of cybersecurity attacks worldwide, and the vulnerabilities introduced by use of technology provided through the global supply chain. Governments and organizations buy products from companies they trust, but those companies usually do not manufacture all the components of their products. Developing an accreditation program that ensures product integrity throughout the supply chain of a given vendor can help alleviate security concerns for the customer.
Whether you are an IT customer or vendor, the O-TTPF Accreditation Program will help you:
- Reduce risk
- Protect operational assets
- Reduce compliance costs
If you are interested in joining the OTTF to have input into this program, have early access to the best practice and accreditation requirements, and understand what to expect from an accredited Trusted Technology Provider, become a member of The Open Group.