Welcome Aboard the USS Midway!
Join your Open Group colleagues for dinner in the Hangar Bay aboard the USS Midway on Tuesday, February 8, 2011, beginning at 6:30 pm.
Pre-registration and tickets are required.
USS Midway Museum
No other carrier served the USA for 47 years, spanning victory in WWII, Korea, the Cold War, Vietnam, the era of detente and Desert Storm. More than 200,000 Americans shared in the odyssey, setting new standards of naval air operations that remain to this day. As one of San Diego's newest event venues, the Midway will provide a magical experience for guests, capturing the beauty of the San Diego Bay and paying tribute to our city's rich naval heritage.
Explore a City at Sea on this San Diego Navy Ship
Prepare yourself for a lifetime memory aboard the USS Midway Museum. You'll explore a floating city at sea and relive nearly 50 years of world history aboard the longest-serving Navy aircraft carrier of the 20th century. Admission includes a self-guided audio tour to 60 exhibits throughout the historic aircraft carrier and 25 restored aircraft. Exhibits range from the crew's sleeping quarters to a massive galley, engine room, the ship's jail, officer's country, post office, machine shops, and pilots' ready rooms, as well as primary flight control and the bridge high in the island over the flight deck.
A web cam view of the USS Midway Museum!
Visitors with Disabilities
The USS Midway Museum is dedicated to a complete experience for all guests:
- Front-row accessible parking spaces, available on a first-come, first-served basis, on Navy Pier directly in front of the ticket booth. Regular parking fees apply
- Complimentary, loaner wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Elevator access from Navy Pier onto the ship.
- Elevator access from the hangar deck down to the second deck.
- Elevator access up to the flight deck
- Wheelchair-accessible family restroom on the hangar deck.
- Approximately 60 percent of the museum’s exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
- Narrated video tour of all museum exhibits is shown continuously in the hangar deck.
Return to previous page