Venue & Transport
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
480 Sutter Street
San Francisco, California 94108
Make a Hotel Reservation
To make your reservation at The Open Group venue hotel, book your room here.
Valet parking fee at hotel is $58 daily. SUV's and oversized vehicles are $70 per day
Public Transit Trip Planner - 511.org
Transit.511.org (rail, bus, ferry, shuttles, driving directions and real-time traffic conditions)
511 is managed by a partnership of public agencies led by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, California Highway Patrol, and the California Department of Transportation. 511 was developed with the mission to provide comprehensive, accurate, reliable and useful multimodal travel information to meet the needs of Bay Area travelers.
BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)
- BART fares are based on how far you travel. To check fares visit the Fare Calculator.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- BART fare from San Francisco Airport to Powell Station is $8.25. The Marriott Union Square is 5 blocks away - at he corner of Powell & Sutter Streets - about a 10-minute walk.
Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- BART fare from Coliseum Station/Oakland Airport to Powell Station in San Francisco is $3.85, plus $3.00 for AirBART shuttle from Oakland Airport to Coliseum Station
Transportation Network Companies (TNC) - RideShare Services
You can get a cab at the roadway center island on the Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level of any San Francisco Airport terminal. Uniformed taxi coordinators are on hand during the busiest hours to help you. You can get an idea of the fare at Taxi Wiz. This may be a cost-effective option for larger groups of 3 or more, with no change in fare up to 5 people.
Estimated cost is $44 ($38.50 fare plus a 15% tip). There is $2.00 surcharge for trips from San Francisco int'l Airport. It is about 13.6 miles to the Marriott Union Square. Please remember that the taxi fare is estimated. Traffic congestion, especially during rush hour, will significantly increase the actual fare.
- First 1/5th of a mile: $3.50
- Each additional 1/5th of a mile or fraction thereof: $0.55
- Each minute of waiting or traffic delay: $0.55
- Airport surcharge: $2.00
- No luggage surcharge.
- Passenger pays bridge toll(s).
- Drivers may collect fare in advance for trips out of SFO and Oakland Airport.
For trips exceeding 15 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) that don't end within San Francisco city limits, the fare will be 150 percent of the metered rate, except for those trips from SFO going through San Francisco and ending in Marin County or the East Bay. The 15-mile limit will apply only after you have passed through San Francisco and gone 15 miles outside the city limit.
How to Spot a Real San Francisco Taxi
The San Francisco Taxi Commission advises you to look for the following:
- The words "San Francisco Taxi Cab" on the side and rear of cab
- A small metal license plate on the dashboard
- A driver’s ID visible from the backseat
Legitimate San Francisco taxis are insured, and drivers undergo background checks. Security cameras are also mandated in San Francisco cabs.
Taxi Complaints Climb in San Francisco (details at Bay Citizen news)