About ArchiMate Tool Certification
The Open Group Architecture Tool Certification Program includes certification for tools supporting the ArchiMate® Specification, an Open Group Standard. The certification process for tools supporting the ArchiMate Specification assesses whether the tool implements the ArchiMate language correctly.
The Program is based on two documents:
- Certification Policy
- Conformance Requirements
Please note that the ArchiMate 3 Tool certification program will lauch shortly. Tools suppliers with ArchiMate 2 certified tools will be able to have their tools certified against the ArchiMate 3.0 requirements once the new program is available. For the moment ArchiMate 2 Tool certification remains the current version.
How to Apply for ArchiMate Tool Certification
Read the Architecture Tool Certification Policy, ArchiMate Tools Conformance Requirements , the ArchiMate Tool Certification fee schedule, and the combined Certification Agreement and Trademark License Agreement (TMLA). These documents are all available using the links below.
A prerequisite for Tool Certification is that your organization must have an applicable ArchiMate Commercial License.
- Download, print, sign and return the combined Certification and Trademark License agreement.
- Contact The Open Group ArchiMate Certification Authority to confirm your organization in the program
- You need to prepare supporting documentation for each Tool you wish to have certified. The supporting documentation can be downloaded from the links below.
- When you are done, pay the certification fees.
- Next you must submit the supporting documentation
- The Certification Authority will then carry out an audit of the supporting documentation and you will be informed of the result.
- Once certified the tool will be listed on the register.
Generic Tool Certification Documents
ArchiMate 3 Tool Certification Resources - full documentation coming soon!
ArchiMate 2 Tool Certification Resources
For enquiries please contact The Open Group ArchiMate Certification Authority by email at archimate-cert-auth(at)opengroup.org